2022 FWAHS Commencement
Fort Wayne Area Home Schools (FWAHS) provides a formal commencement ceremony for local home-educated high school graduates. There is no residency requirement; you may live in a different city, state, or country.
The date for the 2022 Commencement Ceremony is scheduled for Saturday, June 4, 2022 with rehearsal the evening prior. The ceremony will be held at
St. Michael’s Lutheran Church
2131 Getz Rd, Fort Wayne, IN.
In an effort to help offset increasing costs, there is a fee of $40 per graduate. Other than purchasing your own cap and gown, there are no other costs to participate. The fee will be due on March 15, 2022, along with the other specified requirements for participation.
- Graduate families must be Homemade News Subscribers.
- The graduate needs to have been homeschooled at least his entire senior year. Homeschooling is defined as 50% of the student’s education completed in the home by an individual with a legal relationship to the student. An exception would be allowed for those students enrolled in an institution where they are receiving dual credits.
- Graduates and both parents/guardians are required to attend the Friday evening dress rehearsal.
- Responsibilities of graduating families include: a biography for the program, graduate pictures for a multimedia presentation, a diploma, and a commercial unaltered matching cap and gown (with tassel.)
- Graduates MUST meet the stated deadline of March 15, 2022, for submission of all necessary requirements and information. IF you miss this deadline and still wish to participate in the FWAHS commencement, there will be a $100 late charge payable upon delivery of the completed and required submissions up until April 15, 2022.
Questions? Contact Us